So I went on my first missions trip and it was truly amazing. I know there were a handful or so of distractions, road bumps, and trials before I even left for or entered Mesbilja, Chiapas, Mexico and that's what I am going to explain here followed by a blog or two about the missions trip down there :)
It all started when I went home for a weekend, June 4-6, and my mom told me I better check our (dad and I) flights because the other members of our group got had theirs changed because of the flying pigs (swine flu or H1N1 flu). Once I got back down to Lynchburg, I called US Airways to see what is up with our tickets and go figure they changed also. Our 9:45 a.m. flight out of Charlotte direct to Mexico City was changed to 7:45 a.m. out of Charlotte to Phoenix then 10:00 a.m. out of Phoenix to Mexico City and lastly 3:45 p.m. out of Mexico City to Tuxtla, Chiapas. So they had scheduled flights for us to get there but no scheduled flights for us to return home...just awesome. We talked for a bit and go something figured out where we were suppose to have a six hour lay over in Mexico City than a night lay over in Phoenix.
Later on that week, Thursday night, I started to get itchy and spots started to come. I had no idea what they were because I never had them before so I just went to bed and they were gone in the morning. However, Friday at 2:30 p.m. right before work the itchiness and spots started to come back (I'm thinking "awesome just awesome" and yes in my sarcastic voice). One friend said it might be hives but I said I never had them before and I'm not nervous about anything. Later in the evening a couple people told me they think it could be a heat rash or allergic reaction but I haven't been out in the sun and I'm not allergic to anything. The spots started to get worse so I took a Benadryl and drank tons of water. Again I went to sleep and woke up with nothing on me to find out Saturday at 2:30 p.m. it comes back again...grrrr. I had our "G.A.P. mom" look at it and within a minute she said it was hives (so high five to you friend and sorry for doubting you :P ) I went home to pop another Benadryl and sleep it off to find out it finally went away....yippie!!
Sunday after church I was going to go watch a friend play soccer and on my way there a guy decided to make a right hand turn from the left lane. I jammed on my brakes but we still hit (I must have been in his blind spot). No one was hurt and it was very minor damage but my thoughts were I was bound to have something happen to my new vehicle so I did the shoulder shrug but still grrrr because I only had it two weeks. His insurance paid for everything so that was a plus. Later Sunday night, dinner was getting made and I decided to eat some uncooked pasta needless to say that my back molar broke. Yes, it's the one that I had all the work done on. (I'm just thinking God, what else can go wrong? I know the devil is attacking me every single day so I needed to become more dependent on God.)
On the positive end of things, I got a phone call from a high school principal wanting me to come in for an interview. I called him back Thursday morning at 11 and he asked if I could come in at 12 for an interview which I said I'll be there. The interview went well and I told him I would be out of the country for the next week because of a missions trip so he said he'll do his best to get back to me Friday :)
Thursday evening dad and I start our drive down to Charlotte and we come to a wreck 30 miles outside of Lynchburg. And the impatient person my dad is he decided to try to go around it which ended up adding 40 miles to our trip. We got into our hotel at 1:30 a.m. to wake up a few hours later.
During all of this craziness, I had some amazing friends continue to encourage me and pray for me which I want to say thank you!! Because I will say my thoughts weren't going in a positive direction to glorify God. One friend told me not to dwell on the bad things that have happened because God will reward you abundantly for shining His light in Mesbilja. And He definitely did...
No comments:
Post a Comment