Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory
~Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stuck in a Rut

Have you ever felt like a ball that is stuck between to mountains where it seems you cannot get out or have no place to go? That is kind of how I feel right now. I'm the ball and I have been rolling back and forth trying to get over a mountain but I have not been able to. I think through alot of my life I have done things because they have just seemed right. And I think I was spiritually dead going through the motions; however, now for some reason over the last couple of weeks I have felt and see there is so much more to life. Many of the people I have became friends with in my new place have been a real light to me. Through their actions and words, they have shown great love for Jesus and that He is truly the way and the life.

It is one of those things where I did not feel like I was loving God with all of my heart, all of my soul, and all of my mind. Things were just a ritual to me and I would do them then roll right back to the middle again. There is something turning inside of me that I want to get out of this gully and ritual. I want to love the Lord much deeper with all of my heart, all of my soul, and all of my mind.

Part of the song "Mighty To Save" by Hillsong has been stuck inside my head
"So take me as You find me,
All my fears and failures,
Fill my life again.

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in,
Now I surrender.

He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save."

It is amazing that God will take us as we are. I cry out to Him to fill my life with His unconditional love and change me for how He wants me to be. I pray that I use the strength God has given me to dig deeper with my relationship with the Him and follow the path he has for my life so I can be the light to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment