I am rereading the book “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan which I am getting something new out of it both times I read it. There have been many words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs, and sections that have made me “stop and think”. If you don’t know much about Francis Chan I suggest that you look him up and read some because he is totally sold out for God.
“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes” James 4:14
Chan mentions that he thinks there are two kinds of people:
1. Natural worrier and 2. Naturally joyful people
Which type of person do you think you are? I know I would fall under a natural worrier. For some reason, I seem to worry about everything even if it is minor then try to fix it myself…big mistake!!!
Now consider the scripture in Philippians 4 where Paul wrote “rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.” (v.4) As Chan mentions, it does not end with “…unless you’re doing something extremely important.” However, it continues with “Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, BUT in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. AND the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (v. 5-7)
“Stop and Think”
A closing thought…
“When I am consumed by MY problems—stressed out about my life, my family, and my job—I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important than God’s command to always rejoice. In other words, I have a “right” to disobey God because of the magnitude of my responsibilities.”
[pg. 40-41]
No comments:
Post a Comment