Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory
~Ephesians 3:20

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Birthday Build Up

So my birthday is almost here...and things definitely have changed over the last year. A few of them are:
*I am working at a different school
*I am working at a community college
*I have the day off :)
*It is a nice, comfortable sunny day
*I am one year older
*I have gone on two missions trips
*I enjoying the day at a coffee shop
*Two of my best friends live in DC
*My relationship with God has grown alot
*I had a crazy awesome summer
*I have a great support system around me (friends, family, and coworkers)

I truly am blessed to be in the position of life I am in. Some times it takes a moment of stillness for me to realize that and a few remembers from friends to just "Let GO & Let GOD". How easy that is to say but for me over the last few months I really have been working on that. I am a weak and broken person who FINALLY realized that I do not have the strength, knowledge, power, or wisdom to do it by myself. I was not having a good day at work and asked a friend to pray for me and she is very upfront with me (which at the time I needed). More or less she told me to suck it up because God has it....BUT he cannot have it unless I truly give it over to him and stop fighting it.

So a few words of encouragement from the "good book/playbook":

" YOU must love the Lord your God with ALL your heart, ALL your soul, and ALL your strength. And YOU must commit your WHOLEHEARTEDLY to these commands..." Deuteronomy 6:5-6

"Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of LOVE and GOOD WORKS. Let us not neglect our meeting together" Hebrews 10:24-25a

"ALL the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, and to share meals, and to prayer." Acts 2:42

"When you have LIFTED UP the Son of Man on the cross, then you will understand that I AM he. I do NOTHING on my own but say only what the Father taught me. And the one who sent me is with me--he has not deserted me." John 8:28-29a

"No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and that is what he requires of YOU; to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment