Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory
~Ephesians 3:20

Monday, June 21, 2010

Spiritual Insomnia

I was driving the other day looking around at the beautiful creation God has blessed us with...and I heard something on the radio that made perfect sense to me (especially after all the traveling I've been doing).

Sleep Insomnia is the lack of sleep and if we are lacking sleep a lot of our other abilities (mentally and physically) start to become skewed. An example of routine abilities being distorted can be related to experiences while driving... Some roads have the rumble strips on the edges and when you go over them you are well aware of it. (yes, I had one of these near death experience due to lack of focus and in this case there was no rumble strips to refocus my attention so I was off roading...sorry friend ;) The rumble strips cause you to wake up and refocus your attention to driving which can being the same way we need something to do that for us spiritually. It is different for each individual but lately I have felt like I am struggling with "spiritual insomnia"...I was getting comfortable but I knew my heart is thirsty and hungry for more...Things started to become routine, therefore, I was lacking the spiritual drive behind it.

I can almost sense when this is going to happen because my mind goes into mental fight mode. I have a battle going on mentally and I know that it is Satan feeding me negative or absurd thoughts...so I cry out for Jesus that much more...I want thirsty and hungry for more of Him!! In Psalm 34:17-18, it says "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Our God is good and He definitely does His thing to save us and lead us where we need to go...but I pray that I refocus and "seek His face" so I will be filled by His his love, mercy, grace, and joyfulness.

"Teach me your ways, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors." Psalm 27:11

1 comment: