Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory~Ephesians 3:20
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
At The Foot Of The Cross
At the foot of the cross
Where grace and suffering meet
You have shown me Your love
Through the judgment You received
And You've won my heart
Yes You've won my heart
Now I can
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross
At the foot of the cross
Where I am made complete
You have given me life
Through the death You bore for me
And You've won my heart
Yes You've won my heart
Now I can
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross
(repeat)
And You've won my heart
Yes You've won my heart
Now I can
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
I lay every burden down
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross
I'm laying every burden down
I'm laying every burden down
(At The Foot of The Cross--Kathryn Scott)
Psalm 55:22 "Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall."
Matthew 11:28 "Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."
The first time I listened to this song I could feel something inside of me twist and turn because the words from this song really hit home for me. It speaks wonders how we can take every burden to Him and "trade those ashes in for beauty." Who else can you take something that is heavy on you and give it all to them. If we lay our burdens to the Lord (at the foot of the cross), He will let us "wear forgiveness like a crown." I'm sure back in the day we all wanted to wear the crown to be the little prince or princess; however, this crown is far greater than any other crown we can imagine. It is incredible what Jesus Christ has done for all to give us the life that makes us truly complete. My suggestion is to listen to this song with no other noise around and really take in the words, emotions, and feelings of it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment